Note: Our May Showcase is an unrecorded, FREE event open to everyone wishing to pariticpate.
Register here for the Showcase!
In celebration of our 1.5 year mark of the SPACE program, we are offering a SPACE Showcase on Saturday May 27th. This Showcase will feature 30-minute Capsule sessions, which will be mini sample sessions on a number of topics across our four main sectors of learning: (1) Creative Writing; (2) Fantasy Studies; (3) Language; (4) General Humanities.
Showcase Schedule on Saturday, May 27, 2023:
Our showcase will begin with a short welcome at 9:50 AM from your hosts Rob Gosselin, Director of SPACE, and Pilar Barrera, our SPACE Faculty Liaison. Our capsules officially begin at 10:00AM and end at 5:30PM and we will have a lunch break and greeting from President Corey Olsen at 12:30PM.
- Your hosts, Rob Gosselin and Pilar Barrera, will share a brief welcome to the showcase and then we will dive into our first capsule.
- 10:00-10:30 AM with James Tauber: The History of Middle-Earth Before The Lord of the Rings,
- 10:30-11:00 AM with Sam Roche: Japanese from Zero,
- 11:00-11:30 AM with Joshua Sosa: Intro to Classical Mythology,
- 11:30-12:00 Noon with Laurel Stevens: Wayward Children Novellas: Part 1,
- 12:00-12:30 PM with Pilar Barerra & Dr. Robert Steed: A Brief Overview of the Japanese Weird,
- Dr. Corey Olsen, President of Signum University, will share a few brief words about our program and then we will enjoy a lunch break.
- 1:30-2:00 PM with Anna Milon: Meeting the Horned God: From Archaeology to Comic Books,
- 2:00-2:30 PM with Ishmael Bhila: Ubuntu - Human Connections and Interpersonal Relationships in African Philosophy,
- 2:30-3:00 PM with Knewbettadobetta: The Realm of Arnor,
- 3:00-3:30 PM with Will Estes: Growing Your Story (With People Who Care),
- 3:30-4:00 PM with Sparrow Alden: Why Write Heros?,
- 4:00-4:30 PM with Julian Barr: Discovering Dune,
- 4:30-5:00 PM with Kenneth Hite: Lovecraft - Maker of Modern Horror,
- 5:00-5:30 PM with Eve Droma: Learn the IPA
- Your hosts, Rob Gosselin and Pilar Barrera, will close off the showcase with some brief final words.
<9:50-10:00 AM Welcome to the Showcase!>
Morning Capsules (Eastern Time):
<12:30-1:30 PM Lunch Break>
Afternoon Capsules (Eastern Time):
<5:30 PM End of the Showcase>
Showcase: Important Links
- Registration Form: This is the link to register for the Showcase! Those who register by May 22 will be entered into a draw for 1 SPACE Token (drawing on May 23).
- May Showcase Capsules 2023: This link takes you to a running list of the Capsules to look forward to. Please add your modules of interest to your Wishlist!.
- Flyer for May Showcase: Thank you for helping us spread the word about the Showcase!
—The SPACE Team—
If you have any questions along the way, please contact Jenny, at [email protected]. Jenny is the main contact and support person for all SPACE students. Thanks!
SPACE Team and Blackberry Communications, Signum University